Editor and Moustache Lover

Monday, October 10, 2011

Earth Bound


Earthbound is a pretty good Strike Anywhere song. Earth Bound is a pretty bad high school metal band. See the difference. I did not. I was under the impression that someone wanted me to review Earthbound by Strike Anywhere (It's fast, tough, and one of the best songs on To Live In Discontent 4/5). I listened to their first song and it sucked then i decided to listen to Strike Anywhere. I can already tell you that Strike Anywhere is really good. Fuck, I mean Earthbound sucks.

First off, the guy that sent us the e-mail was very nice. He said he was having trouble getting his stuff reviewed and I can see why. Earth Bound has four songs on their Facebook page and about one hundred more likes than my band which is incredibly depressing. Have you guys looked at that yet? Click on my (Dylan) picture and go listen to my band. It is without a doubt better than anything reviewed on this blog. You can go ahead and tell me how awesome it is if you so wish.

Ok, Earth bound's songs are extremely long. Facebook's music player doesn't say how long but they feel like an eternity. They all have stupid names and in the corner of the player there is a series of metally pictures. Black and red ominous spirals, Robots, Dragons; you get the point. From what i have gathered there is two singers, or a guy that can change his voice pretty well. They have synth and guitar effects at parts and that is really, really terrible. The bass player is there to hit strictly low notes. He makes boom. The drummer is ok. I heard nothing good nor bad come from him.

This is any metal band that have you seen at a high school battle of the bands. Extremely long songs, showing that they can not distinguish between anything that sounds good or bad. Synth that plays a lot of garbage and should just not be in the band at all. He is probably a dick anyway. Anyone I know who plays synth kind of sucks.

The first song on their Facebook is called Volvagia. For those who are confused. Volvagia is not something women use to clean out their vagina's. It is actually Spanish for "Captain of the Heart." The song starts alright. The guys are shredding. There is a cool guitar line and its not bad. The guy screaming is doing a pretty good job. It is almost surprisingly good hardcore. I doubt they were trying for it, but it is not that bad. A little bit of the second song, Dark Falz, which is Spanish for "Pop Tarts," sounds like an adolescents song but with a really shitty lead line over it. They have lots of guitar effects and slow dragged out "jams". The last song "D ert," which is French for "The jacket," is a 528 minute instrumental bass and synth jam.
I can not tell if it was better or worse than the other songs. On one hand i could ignore it pretty easily. On the other hand when I did listen to it was just god awful.

Earthbound by Strike Anywhere 4/5
Earth bound that band on Facebook 1/5

The guy also said that they were getting ready to record their e.p. which has more of a prog/post-rock feel. I am really excited to here that. The only genre i like more that post-rock is actually prog/post-rock

No comments:

Post a Comment