Editor and Moustache Lover

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Urethras?


For those of you who are not aware, this is what wikipedia would describe the urethra as. "In males, the urethra travels through the penis, and carries semen as well as urine. In females, the urethra is shorter and emerges above the vaginal opening."

This band would be my highschool ska band's best friend. Come see the Donkey Punchers and the Urethras at a church basement. Too bad we did not go to the same high school, we could have been bros, bro. They have their own website which is pretty impressive. The front page/only page is a picture of these three guys wearing ties and making goofy faces. They are without a doubt about as good looking as an urethra (zing!).

These tubes that carry jizz and piss are alright by me. The 15 year old me is writing this blog entry for the record. They are a poppy-alternative rock band. I immediately compared them to a less funky Cake. They are not that ska, but there is no doubt in my mind they love Reel Big Fish. The singer has a teenage, out of tune voice. It is dull and not very melodic, but it works well for what they are doing. Anytime he tries to hit a higher note I laughed. Its bad, yet funny.

Almost every song is mid tempo, with some fast talking. They have slow/fast parts. But it is a pretty steady record. Assuming of course these kids are pretty young, they are pretty good at their instruments. I can't hear the bass lines and that sucks. This band could use some bass to help it sound more solid.

Some of the songs are almost good, some of the songs are pretty bad. I got bored throughout the CD. Listening to the first song was fun; by the time I made to the last track i remembered why I am done playing goofy pop punk. This shit sucks. Well like its kind of cool cause i still think it is funny. And it is. Their name is what you PEE out of! Hilarious!

The lyrics coming from these kids are pretty good. A lot better than other people. My prime example comes from the song "So Ca$h"
"It is so much easier to sit around and stuff, when i just sit at home and jack off (semen comes out of the urethra, ZING!)" Good work guys. I can really feel the emotion he is trying to show right at that moment. So Ca$h is probably the best song on the album. Maybe because he talks about something that comes out of his urethra.

The band would be way better if every song was about urethri, which is the plural of urethra, not urethras. Remember how Hank Hill, in the popular television show King of the Hill, had a narrow urethra. They talked about that a lot. It was pretty funny. I wonder if these dildos in the Urethras have narrow urethri themselves. Just something to think about.

15 year old me gives these guys 3/5, But my band is totally better
20 year old me doesn't even care enough to rate them. They'll figure it out. Unless they are my age. In that case, you guys are faggots (no offense to the gays, i like the gays), stop being so fucking lame. You guys can suck on my fucking urethra (zing).


6 comments:

  1. Urethras here,

    Any tips on how to better record bass? I consider some of the bass riffs to be decent but we were on a very low budget (we recorded everything in living rooms). As for the rest of the content, I'm not really sure that can be fixed. We are faggots and, baby, we were born that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being a faggot. I also think the bass should have been turned up more. It was the first time ever recording anything with our own gear, and my brother hates bass. Hell, I don't even like half the songs on our album. Especially the Car Crash song.

    Sam, the last comment was about not being able to find a link to our band. I found it now. Maybe you shouldn't have put a link in there, that way you could save the world from our awful music. Well played, Sam. Well played.

    15 year old me would give this review a 3/5.
    20 year old me says, "Well, that's just like... your opinion... man."

    Also, I would like to hear your band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, Urethras or fucking kill your self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Record your bass direct in on whatever you are recording. It makes it clean and you can control the sound better. Also on the overall mix you can just turn up the bass or the treble down. If sam ever gets on here he knows that shit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we tried to do it through a pedal, a mixer, and mic in front of the bass cab. We'll just have to keep practicing at it.

    ReplyDelete